- Leading equipment and services providers for the Oil and Gas vertical wanted to source a Hydrostatically Tested, Finish Machined Valve Body
- Client wanted to consolidate from 3 suppliers (Forging, Finish Machining and Hydrostatic Testing) to 1 supplier who could do all this as a 1-Stop Shop
- Client wanted to save logistics and related costs incurred in dealing with the 3 suppliers
- WHF used to outsource the Hydrostatic Testing and now WHF had to ….
- Design should sustain 150 bar pressure for 2 minutes of the entire test time on the components manufactured by WHF at room temperature.
- The design had to meet compliance requirements for International Certification of PED 97/43/EC Annex I Clause 4.3
Hydrostatic Testing was an outsourced process for WHF. In this testing capacity, WHF evolved its capabilities to become a certified tester.
Follow an organized approach.
- Understand the basics
- Understand and implement industry standards
- Design the testing circuit.
- Choose the right aggregates to keep process qualified.
- Follow all regulatory norms to produce a certified design for client.
- Successful completion of the project – components that meet the desired characteristics and regulatory norms
- The client qualified WHF for production of a series of the tested components including several new ones.